2013年7月19日 星期五

My boyfriend recently told me he suffers from depression

My boyfriend and I have been seeing each other for two years. He recently told me that he has suffered from depression since the age of 15 and has been taking citalopram since he was 19 (he is now 27). We live together, and while I am aware he experiences episodes where he becomes insular, moody and fatigued, it has never caused any serious problems. We are very much in love and have a very happy and healthy relationship – but I never guessed he was suffering from depression and feel stupid for not realising what he was going through. He has never told anyone about this and I don't know how to help.

When leaving a message on this page, please be sensitive to the fact that you are responding to a real person in the grip of a real-life dilemma, who wrote to Private Lives asking for help, and may well view your comments here. Please consider especially how your words or the tone of your message could be perceived by someone in this situation, and be aware that comments which appear to be disruptive or disrespectful to the individual concerned will be removed.

‧ If you would like fellow readers to respond to a dilemma of yours, send us an outline of the situation of about 150 words. For advice from Pamela Stephenson Connolly on sexual matters, send us a brief description of your concerns.

‧ All correspondence should reach us by Wednesday morning. Email: private.lives@guardian.co.uk (please don't send attachments).


View the original article here

沒有留言:

張貼留言