2013年8月16日 星期五

Why we all need to follow Katy Perry's friendship advice

Still think Katy Perry snuck behind pal Kristen Stewart's back to date Robert Pattinson? Perry sets the rumors straight and proves that she is a really good friend.

Katy Perry and Kristen Stewart

If we believe the tabloids, all women in Hollywood are out to steal each other's boyfriends and husbands. That was the narrative that they used to describe the relationship between Katy Perry and Robert Pattinson. The pair was spotted hanging out just days after he broke off his relationship with Kristen Stewart, and rumors swirled that they were more than friends.

Spoiler alert: It didn't happen that way, according to Perry. The Smurfs 2 star wasn't breaking girl code by snagging her friend's ex. She was just trying to help another friend through a tough time. However, the rumors did prompt her to make sure Stewart knew the real details behind her friendship with Pattinson.

"I sent her a text message saying: 'I know you've seen all this stuff but you know I would never disrespect you. I'm not that person,'" Perry told Elle U.K. of how she handled the rumors. "'I'm just trying to be a friend to him but it is unfortunate that I do have a set of [breasts].'"

We love this. It's best to deal with rumors between friends by dealing with them head-on. That way, there's no drama —?and no damaged friendships. Besides, Perry has her own "broken bird" to deal with: her on-again boyfriend, John Mayer.

"He pulled away. That was a big hello for me," she told the magazine of their split earlier this year. "I realized I could lose the person I loved and I had to deal with some things, issues I think a lot of women have. You can be strong in one aspect of your life but submissive in another. In relationships, it was hard for me to speak up and set boundaries. I think that a lot of that has to do with the fear of loss."

Do you appreciate Katy Perry's approach to the Robert Pattinson dating rumors? Sound off below!

Celebs dish on their difficult marriages
Why Billy Ray Cyrus and Tish Cyrus called off their divorce
Tamera Mowry: I lost my virginity at 29... no regrets!


View the original article here

沒有留言:

張貼留言