2013年8月4日 星期日

My partner is helping a colleague with her running training but won't help me. What does this mean?

My partner is an above-average athlete. As my new?year's resolution this year, I decided to get fit and I joined a running group. I'm getting competitive and I?have asked him for advice. He always says he is too busy. However a friend of mine who works with him told me that he has not only made a marathon training plan for one of his colleagues, but is also giving her feedback on a weekly basis. He is senior to her so it cannot be for his career advancement. I am wondering if it signals something else going on between them or that he wants there to be something? We have been together for 12 years, living together for 10 years and I thought we had a good relationship. Now I am not so sure.

‧ When leaving a message on this page, please be sensitive to the fact that you are responding to a real person in the grip of a real-life dilemma, who wrote to Private Lives asking for help, and may well view your comments here. Please consider especially how your words or the tone of your message could be perceived by someone in this situation, and be aware that comments which appear to be disruptive or disrespectful to the individual concerned will be removed.

‧ If you would like fellow readers to respond to a dilemma of yours, send us an outline of the situation of about 150 words. For advice from Pamela Stephenson Connolly on sexual matters, send us a brief description of your concerns.

‧ All correspondence should reach us by Wednesday morning. Email: private.lives@theguardian.com (please don't send attachments).


View the original article here

沒有留言:

張貼留言