2013年8月4日 星期日

I'm 51. Am I too old for surrogacy?

Private lives After a few glasses of wine, we talked about surrogacy. But am I just reacting to my guilt? Photograph: Eric Audras/Getty Images/PhotoAlto

He was 32. I claimed to be 38, but confessed to being 48 on our third date. He was devastated as he had already fallen in love with me and really wanted children. Nevertheless, we survived and three years on are stronger than ever, and last year bought a house together. He has a child, but he and the child's mother split before she found out she was pregnant. Despite paying maintenance, he rarely gets to see his daughter, but they do get on well. My children are grown. I fantasise about having a child with him, but am going through the menopause. Recently, after a few glasses of wine, we talked about surrogacy. Part of me really wants to, but I don't know if I can raise a child at my age. Am I just reacting to the guilt I (still) feel about misleading him early on?

‧ When leaving a message on this page, please be sensitive to the fact that you are responding to a real person in the grip of a real-life dilemma, who wrote to Private Lives asking for help, and may well view your comments here. Please consider especially how your words or the tone of your message could be perceived by someone in this situation, and be aware that comments which appear to be disruptive or disrespectful to the individual concerned will be removed.

‧ If you would like fellow readers to respond to a dilemma of yours, send us an outline of the situation of about 150 words. For advice from Pamela Stephenson Connolly on sexual matters, send us a brief description of your concerns.

‧ All correspondence should reach us by Wednesday morning. Email: private.lives@guardian.co.uk (please don't send attachments).


View the original article here

沒有留言:

張貼留言